Double-chocolate brownie cookieBy Chatelaine
This ultra-chocolatey cookie strikes the perfect balance between fudgy chew inside, and crisp crackle outside.
- 2 eggs , at room temperature
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup chopped dark chocolate
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter , cubed
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- flaked sea salt
- PREHEAT oven to 350F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment.
- WHISK eggs and sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer on medium-high until tripled in volume, 10 to 12 min. Whisk in vanilla.
- MELT both chocolates and butter in a large heatproof bowl set over 1 in. of simmering water in a large pot, stirring until smooth, 2 to 3 min. Remove from heat.
- WHISK flour, cocoa, salt and baking powder in a small bowl.
- GENTLY fold one-third of egg mixture into the chocolate until no streaks remain. Fold in remaining egg mixture. Sift flour mixture over chocolate and gently fold until smooth.
- SCOOP 1-tbsp portions onto prepared sheets, spaced 1 in. apart. Bake until cookies are puffy and cracked on top, 9 to 10 min. Sprinkle with sea salt and let cool on sheet for 2 min before transferring to a rack. Repeat with remaining batter.
How to melt chocolate on a double boiler
Nutrition (per cookie)
- 1 g,
- 8 g,
- 4 g,
- 1 g,
- 37 mg.