Classic cheesecake with cranberry-clementine sauceBy Chatelaine
5 hrs 55 min
This rich and creamy dessert can be topped with any fruit sauce or simply melted chocolate — it's up to you. (We're partial to this cranberry sauce during the holidays, though.)
- 1/3 cup butter , at room temperature
- 2 cups graham-cracker crumbs
- 3 250-g blocks cream cheese , at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries , thawed
- 1/4 cup clementine juice
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp clementine zest , divided
- PREHEAT oven to 325F. Insert the base of a 9-in. springform pan lip-side down. Lightly spray with oil, then line with parchment. Wrap outside of pan with a large square of heavy-duty foil, making sure all sides come up to the top edge. (This keeps water from leaking through during baking.) Double-wrap, if needed.
- STIR graham cracker crumbs with butter in a medium bowl until moist. Press over bottom of prepared pan. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- BOIL a kettle of water. Beat cream cheese with sour cream in a large bowl, using an electric mixer on medium, scraping down sides occasionally, until smooth. Beat in 1 1/4 cups sugar, flour and vanilla. Beat in eggs, 1 at a time, just until blended. Place prepared pan in the centre of a shallow-sided roasting pan. Pour cheese mixture over crust. Set roasting pan in centre of oven. Pour enough boiling water into roasting pan to come halfway up side of pan.
- BAKE until filling is almost set when springform pan is jiggled, about 1 hour and 5 min. Remove roasting pan to a rack. Run a knife around inside of cake pan to help prevent cracking. Let stand until water cools, about 30 min. Remove pan from water. Discard foil. Cool completely, about 1 hour. Cover pan with plastic wrap and refrigerate until chilled, about 3 hours.
- STIR cranberries with clementine juice, 1/3 cup sugar, water and 2 tsp zest in a small saucepan. Boil, then reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until berries are soft and sauce turns syrupy, 8 to 10 min. Cool and serve with cheesecake. Sprinkle remaining 1 tsp zest overtop.
- Tip: For an extraordinary cheesecake, line your pan with parchment paper and wrap the outside with foil to prevent leaks. Bake in a water bath. After baking, cool in pan to room temperature, then chill before serving.
How to line a cake pan
Nutrition (per serving)
- 12 g,
- 66 g,
- 47 g,
- 2 g,
- 527 mg.