Updated Dec 8, 2017Chatelaine
- WHISK flour, cornstarch, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl.
- BEAT butter and sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium until fluffy, about 3 min. Add egg yolk, brandy and vanilla and beat until combined, 30 sec. Beat in flour mixture on low until just combined.
- DIVIDE in half and wrap in plastic wrap. Flatten into discs and refrigerate until firm, 1 ½ hr.
- PREHEAT oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment.
- ROLL dough on a large piece of parchment to ¼-in. thickness. Refrigerate on another baking sheet for 20 min. Cut out shapes using a 1 ½-in. round cookie cutter, rerolling scraps and refrigerating as needed. Place cookies ½ in. apart on prepared sheet.
- BAKE until cookies are firm and bottoms are light golden, 11 to 12 min. Cool for 2 min, then transfer to a rack to cool. Repeat with remaining dough.
- FLIP half of the cookies over and spread 2 tsp dulce de leche on each. Gently sandwich with remaining cookies. Roll sides of cookies in coconut to coat, then dust with icing sugar before serving.