1 3/4 cups
1 1/2 cups
1 1/2 tsp
- PREHEAT oven to 350F. Line 2 12-cup muffin pans with paper liners.
- WHISK flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl.
- WHISK eggs in a large bowl, then whisk in buttermilk, oil and vanilla. Whisk in flour mixture until just combined. Whisk in hot coffee until smooth.
- DIVIDE among prepared cups and bake until a cake tester inserted into centre of a chocolate cupcake comes out clean, 17 to 19 min. Let cool in pan for 5 min. Remove cupcakes to a rack to cool completely, 25 min.
- ICING: Beat butter in a bowl, using an electric mixer on medium, until smooth, 1 to 2 min. Gradually beat in icing sugar and cocoa on low, scraping bottom and sides of bowl until just combined. Add vanilla and salt and beat on medium-high until very light and fluffy, 3 to 4 min. Add cream and beat 1 min. Frost cooled cupcakes and add sprinkles.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 3 g,
- 37 g,
- 14 g,
- 2 g,
- 204 mg.
Kitchen Tip: Use a star tip fitted in a piping bag for a swirled top, or use an offset spatula or the back of a spoon for a quick frosted finish.
Kitchen Tip: Replace hot coffee with hot decaf coffee to reduce caffeine.