Meltaway candy cane mintsBy Chatelaine
Freshen up your holiday menu by making your own peppermint candy!
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter , at room temperature
- 1/4 tsp peppermint extract
- 1/8 tsp red or green gel food colouring , optional
- LINE a baking sheet with parchment.
- COMBINE icing sugar with butter and peppermint extract in a food processor. Pulse until very fine crumbs form. Scrape onto a clean surface and gather into a ball. Knead until candy is smooth but not sticky, about 1 min. Add gel colouring. Knead until colour is well combined. Roll into a long rope, 1/2 in. wide. Cut into 1/2-in. pieces. Place candies on prepared sheet. Let stand in a cool, dry place overnight until firm. Mints keep well in an airtight container, up to 1 month.
How to make peppermint meringues
Nutrition (per serving)
- 2 g,