Note: Raw egg white is safe but may be a risk for immune-compromised people.
Chino margarita cocktailBy Chatelaine
This article has not been rated yet.
Add a little vacation flavour to your cocktail with this pared down version of Vancouver’s Bao Bei restaurant’s decadent margarita
- 1 oz tequila
- 5 tsp tangerine simple syrup*
- 5 tsp fresh lime juice
- 1 heaping tsp grated ginger
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup fresh tangerine peel , cut into strips
- Make tangerine syrup by combining sugar with 1 cup water in a small pot. Add peel. Bring to a boil. Boil 1 min, then remove from heat and let cool. Strain out and discard peel. Syrup will keep, refrigerated, up to 1 month.
- For rim, grind peel and chili flakes in spice grinder until smooth and blend with sugar and salt. Rub the rim of a glass with a lime wedge and dip in sugar-salt mixture.
- Pour tequila, syrup, lime juice, ginger and egg white into a shaker filled with ice. Shake until frothy. Strain into prepared glass. Serves 1.