Vegan Juicy Lucy BurgerBy Chatelaine
This article has not been rated yet.
A plant-based take on the classic spin on a cheeseburger, with gooey, melty (plant-based) cheese *inside* the burger patty, instead of on top.
- 2 340-g pkg plant-based ground "meat" , such as Impossible
- 1 200-g pkg vegan fresh mozzarella , such as VegCheese, cut into 4 rounds
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 4 burger buns , split and toasted
- 1/4 cup vegan mayonnaise , (optional)
- 1/4 cup ketchup , (optional)
- 4 iceberg lettuce , leaves
- 1 large tomato , sliced into 1/2-in.-thick rounds
- 1 large dill pickle , sliced
- Divide each “meat” package into 4 squares. (You will have 8 portions.) Form each portion into a ball, then flatten each into a very thin patty, about 5 in. wide. Lay a cheese round in centre of 4 patties, then top with remaining patties. Pinch edges well to seal in cheese. Sprinkle both sides of patties with salt. Season with pepper.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium. Add oil, then patties. Cook until patties are heated through, 4 to 5 min per side.
- Spread bottom buns with vegan mayo and ketchup. Layer with patties, lettuce, tomatoes and pickles. Sandwich with top bun.