Superfood baked granolaBy Chatelaine
We filled this baked granola with every superfood in the pantry. The result is a deliciously addictive mix that packs a whopping 10 g of protein and 5 g of fibre in every 1/2 cup serving.
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil , or olive oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup quinoa flakes
- 1 cup spelt flakes
- 1 cup hemp hearts
- 1 cup pepitas
- 100 g Brazil nuts , finely chopped
- 2 tbsp flaxseeds
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 cup goji berries or dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup dried golden berries or golden raisins
- POSITION racks in top and bottom thirds of oven. Preheat to 300F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment.
- WHISK oil with maple syrup and salt in a large bowl. Stir in quinoa, spelt, hemp hearts, pepitas, Brazil nuts, flaxseeds and chia seeds. Spread on baking sheets.
- BAKE in top and bottom thirds of oven until golden, stirring and switching sheets halfway, 20 to 25 min. Cool completely, then stir in goji berries and golden raisins. Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks. (Single serving = 1/2 cup.)
Breakfast from your slow cooker: slow-toasted granola recipe
[brightcove id=’4097965473001′ width=’640′ height=’360′]
Nutrition (per ½ cup)
- 10 g,
- 24 g,
- 18 g,
- 5 g,
- 62 mg.