Jan 17, 2019Chatelaine
- POSITION rack in centre of oven, then preheat to 400F. Line a baking sheet with parchment.
- COMBINE oats with almond milk, maple syrup, 2 tbsp butter, pumpkin pie spice and dates in a medium bowl. Using a melon baller, scoop out and discard cores from apple halves. Scoop out more apple flesh, leaving a 1⁄2-in. border with the peel. (Apples should look like small bowls.) Finely chop the apple flesh and stir into oat mixture.
- TRANSFER apples to prepared sheet, then fill each apple with oat mixture.
- MELT and brush remaining 1 tbsp butter overtop.
- BAKE until apples are fork- tender, 22 to 25 min. Transfer to a rack to cool completely. Refrigerate apples in a sealed container for up to 5 days. Drizzle with honey before serving.
Kitchen Tip: To reheat, microwave apples for 45 sec.