Creamy coconut steel-cut oats with blood orange compoteBy Chatelaine
Topped with bright honey-orange compote, these hearty oats are a great way to start the day.
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened coconut milk beverage
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups quick-cooking steel-cut oats
- 4 blood oranges , peeled and segmented
- 4 tsp honey
- 1/4 cup toasted shaved coconut or coconut chips
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds
- COMBINE coconut milk, water, ginger and salt in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Stir in oats. Cook, following package directions, until oats are tender. Remove from heat and let stand for 3 min.
- COMBINE orange segments with honey to make compote. Set aside.
- DIVIDE oats among bowls. Top with orange compote, coconut and hemp seeds.
Chatelaine Quickies: Maple custard oatmeal
Nutrition (per serving)
- 10 g,
- 61 g,
- 10 g,
- 9 g,
- 148 mg.
- Excellent source of
- vitamin A