Blueberry granola breakfast cookiesBy Chatelaine
1 h 10 min
Yes, with the right ingredients, you CAN have cookies for breakfast. Here we've mixed a homemade granola of oats, pumpkin seeds, coconut and flax, and turned it into a breakfast cookies recipe that helps you take on the day well-fed and with a smile on your face.
- 1 cup large-flake oats
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/2 cup pepitas
- 1/2 cup flaked unsweetened coconut
- 1/4 cup flaxseed
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter , melted
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup dried blueberries
- 1 egg white
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar
- POSITION rack in centre of oven, then preheat to 325F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment.
- TOSS oats with pecans, pepitas, coconut, flaxseed, butter and salt in a medium bowl until well coated. Spread on prepared sheet.
- BAKE until pecan mixture smells fragrant, 10 to 12 min. (It’s okay if mixture isn’t toasted and golden-brown. It will continue to toast as it bakes in the cookies.) Remove from oven and stir in blueberries. Let cool.
- BEAT egg white in a medium bowl using an electric mixer until foamy, about 1 min. Beat in sugar until soft peaks form, about 2 min. Fold in pecan mixture until evenly coated.
- PACK 1/4-cup portions onto same baking sheet. With damp hands, lightly shape and press portions into 1-in. thick rounds.
- BAKE, rotating sheet halfway through, until edges are golden and crisp, 20 to 25 min. Let cool 10 min on sheet, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Cookies will keep well in a sealed container on the counter for up to 5 days.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 5 g,
- 17 g,
- 13 g,
- 3 g,
- 56 mg.