Quick Quinoa PorridgeBy Chatelaine
Customize your breakfast! This hearty quinoa porridge is the perfect base for berries, toasted coconut, nuts, dried fruit and maple syrup. In partnership with Silk
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1/2 tsp ground cardamom , (optional)
- 1/4 cup sultana raisins
- 1/4 cup dried apricots , thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds , preferably toasted
- Fresh or thawed frozen berries
- maple syrup , for garnish, (optional)
- toasted coconut , for garnish, (optional)
- 1 946-mL pkg Silk Almond Beverage Unsweetened
1. Pour 2 cups Silk Almond Beverage into a large pot. Bring to a boil over high heat. In a sieve, rinse quinoa, then stir into Silk Almond Beverage along with cardamom. Cover and bring back to a boil Reduce heat and simmer for 12 min. Remove from heat. Using a fork, fluff. Cover and let stand until tender, 15 min.
2. Stir in additional Silk Almond Beverage, 1 tbsp at a time, until mixture is as thick as you like. Stir in raisins, apricots and almonds. Spoon into bowls. Pour a little more Silk Almond Beverage overtop. Sprinkle with berries, additional almonds or coconut, and sweeten with maple syrup, if desired.