Updated Apr 12, 2017Chatelaine
dried minced garlic
dried minced onion
1 1/2 cups
1/3 cup plus 2 tbsp
butter, divided, melted
PC Black Label sumac
- PREHEAT oven to 450F.
- WHISK flour, baking powder, sugar, poppy and sesame seeds, garlic, onion and salt in a medium bowl. Stir in water and 1/3 cup of the butter in a small bowl. Add to flour mixture, stirring with a fork until sticky dough comes together.
- TRANSFER dough to a 9-in. cast iron skillet and spread to edges using fingers. Brush with 1 tbsp of the butter.
- BAKE until browned and bottom of crust is dark golden, about 25 min. Brush with remaining 1 tbsp butter.
- COVER eggs with water in small pan and set over medium-high. When water starts boiling, set time for 3 min. Drain eggs and immerse in cold running water to stop cooking. Peel eggs and cut into halves.
- CUT bannock into 8 portions. Spread with beet hummus, then top with mesclun mix, smoked salmon, egg halves and 1 tbsp each heated eggs Benedict sauce. Sprinkle with sumac and add garnishes.
NutritionCalories 445, Protein 16 g, Carbohydrates 39 g, Fat 25 g, Fibre 2 g, Sodium 633 mg. Excellent source of vitamin A
Chatelaine Presents: Everything-bagel-bannock brekkie