Munira Mahmud's green chile & avocado dipBy Chatelaine
My life-long dream has been to have a food van; I spend any free time I have thinking up dishes, and putting ingredients together in my mind. These dips are my own invention.
- 2 green chiles
- 1 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- 3 tbsp plain yogurt
- 2 lemons , zest and juice only
- 4 garlic cloves , peeled
- 1 ripe avocado , peeled and pitted
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise , optional
- To taste salt and pepper
- Put all the ingredients except the mayonnaise into a food processor and blend until smooth. Taste and adjust the seasoning if necessary. Add the mayonnaise (if you wish) and stir to combine, then transfer to a serving bowl.