Decked out caesar-salad caesarBy Chatelaine
We partnered with President's Choice to create amazing dishes that celebrate flavours we love from across Canada.
- 8 slices PC Sweet Ghost Pepper Naturally Smoked Bacon
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 10 PC Loads of Ketchup Chips , crushed
- 1 tbsp lime zest
- 1 tbsp PC Black Label Smoked Paprika Spice
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp coarse salt
- 1.89 L PC Bacon Flavour Tomato Clam Cocktail
- 6 oz tequila , (3/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tbsp PC Authentic Louisiana Hot Sauce
- 4 long bamboo skewers
- 8 large grilled or cooked shrimp
- 4 large grilled or cooked scallops
- 2 cherry tomatoes , halved
- 4 PC Olives Stuffed with Garlic , or 4 gherkins
- 2 lime wedges
- 8 leaves from a romaine heart
- 8 spears of cooked asparagus
- 4 celery stalks
- 4 small claws from a lobster , cooked
- 1 mini cucumber , quartered lengthwise
- BACON: Arrange bacon in a single layer in a large skillet over medium and cook until crisp, 7 to 8 min, flipping halfway. Brush 1 side with maple syrup and cook 1 min. Transfer to a plate.
- RIMMER: Mix chips, lime zest, paprika, pepper and salt in a shallow dish. Set aside.
- COCKTAIL: Stir clam cocktail, tequila, lime juice and hot sauce in a large pitcher.
- GARNISH: Thread each skewer with 2 shrimps, 1 scallop, 1 tomato half and 1 olive or gherkin.
- RUB a lime wedge around the rim of 4 highball glasses, then dip in rimmer mixture to coat. Fill glasses with ice and cocktail mixture. Garnish with bacon, seafood skewer, romaine-heart leaves, asparagus, celery, lobster and cucumber.