1. Kick-start your day at Dusty’s Backside. “Obviously my perfect Saturday is a powder day, but before I hit the slopes I get a bacon, egg and cheese croissant. This place has takeout containers, so I can jump on the gondola as soon as Whistler Blackcomb opens.” 2040 London Lane , 604-905-2171.
2. Avoid the mountaintop midday rush and head to Milestones at the base of Blackcomb. “They serve brunch late into the afternoon, and it’s a gorgeous building with giant windows. Local shredders fill the lounge and you can ski right to the door.” 4555 Blackcomb Way.
3. Catch up with your crew and do some shopping at Fanatyk Co, a ski and bike shop. “After skiing I socialize and regroup here. The owners are super-cool long-time Whistler locals, and anyone can leave their skis to be tuned and waxed for the following day.” 4433 Sundial Place.
4. “I love to cruise up dark ski trails with Canadian Snowmobile Adventures to a fondue dinner at Crystal Hut. Or the Village Trattoria di Umberto, a.k.a. ‘the Trat,’ which is warm and cozy, and the food is also amazing.” Village Trattoria di Umberto, 4417 Sundial Place, 604-932-5858.
5. For a casual, livelier night, head to Mix by Ric’s. “I love sitting on the heated outdoor patio and people-watching on the Village Stroll. They often bring in DJs to play funky beats while guests enjoy tapas and a crafty drink list.” 4154 Village Green.