After a recent workout at Eden Pilates, we were graciously offered one of these PB & J protein balls as a post-workout snack. We loved them so much we asked their creators (Toronto’s Kupfert & Kim) to share the recipe. We hope you love them as much as we do!
Peanut butter and jam raw protein balls (Makes 20)
1 cup and 3 tbsp dried, pitted dates
3⁄4 cup and 2 tbsp golden or Thompson raisins
1 cup and 3 tbsp raw almonds
1 cup organic peanut butter
3⁄4 cup and 2 tbsp almond butter
1 1⁄2 tbsp lucuma powder (found at most health food stores)
3⁄4 tsp salt
2 tbsp freeze-dried raspberries
1. Purée the dates in a blender. Stop and scrape the sides as necessary and be careful not to overheat your blender motor, as the purée will be extremely sticky. Set aside in a large bowl. Repeat stop-and-scrape procedure with raisins and add to the same bowl.
2. Process almonds by pulsing until they become crumbly, but before they hit nut-butter state. Add to the bowl.
3. Add the peanut butter, almond butter, salt and lucuma to the bowl and mix all ingredients thoroughly.
4. Grind the dried raspberries into a fine powder and set aside in a small bowl.
5. Using about 2 tbsp per ball, roll the mix into balls, and roll them in the dried raspberries to coat evenly.
6. Place in an airtight container and store in the fridge.
Nutritional value (1 ball/35 g)
13 g carbs
5 g protein
10 g fat
8 g sugar