- SOAK planks in cold water for 1 to 2 hours.
- PREHEAT barbecue to medium. Slice each salmon fillet into 6 thin portions, cutting through flesh but not through the skin. Place each fillet on a plank, skin-side down.
- STIR together Dijon, oil and salt in a small bowl. Brush over salmon and into the cuts. Sprinkle with brown sugar. Scatter onion overtop.
- GRILL, covered, until fillet is barely firm to the touch and white juices appear all over the sides, 20 to 25 min. Turn barbecue off and keep lid closed for 5 min. Fish should now feel firm to the touch and a knife inserted into the thickest part and held for 10 seconds should be warm. If not, close lid and let rest another 5 min. Watch plank carefully; if it catches fire, spray with water and reduce the heat to medium-low.
- USE a wide spatula to remove fillets to a platter. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Kitchen Tip: The easiest way to soak the planks: Fill the sink or a cooler with water, then add planks and set a heavy pot on top of them to keep them submerged.
Protein 19 g
Carbohydrates 3 g
Fat 12 g
Sodium 200 mg