This article has not been rated yet.
- Preparation time:
- 15 minutes
- Cooking time:
- 19 minutes
- 4 Servings
- 3 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 8 slices of pancetta
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) buttermilk
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) snipped chives
- generous linches of salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) crumbled Gorgonzola or Stilton, about 3 oz
- 1 avocado, peeled
- 8 cups (2 L) baby arugula or spinach
We’ve updated this classic salad by replacing iceberg lettuce with peppery arugula, subbing pancetta for bacon and adding asparagus.
- Coat a frying pan with oil and set over medium. Add chicken and cook until golden, 3 to 4 min per side. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and cook, turning occasionally, until springy when pressed, 6 to 8 more min. Remove to a plate. Add pancetta to pan. Cook over medium until crisp, 2 to 3 min per side. Remove to a paper towel. Partially fill a large frying pan with water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Snap tough ends from asparagus and discard. Boil asparagus until tender-crisp, 3 min. Drain and rinse under cold water. Pat with paper towels.
- In a small bowl, stir buttermilk with chives, salt and pepper. Crumble in cheese. Then, using a fork, mash cheese until mixed into the dressing. It should be a little lumpy. Remove and discard avocado pit. Slice avocado and chicken. Divide arugula between plates. Top with asparagus, chicken, tomatoes and avocado. Drizzle with dressing. Add pancetta.
Nutrition (per Serving)
- 37 g
- 21 g
- 15 g
- 7 g
- 382 mg