This article has not been rated yet.
- Cooking time:
- 12 minutes
- Preparation time:
- 10 minutes
- 2 to 4 servings
- 1/2 (500 g) pkg linguine or spaghetti
- 340 g bag frozen uncooked peeled shrimp
- 1 pint small cherry or grape tomatoes
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) butter
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) bottled chopped garlic or 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Dijon
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) white wine
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt
- 200 g can escargot, drained (optional)
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) chopped parsley
There is a reason escargot is still a superstar appetizer: it’s all about the butter-garlic sauce. So here it is, making a modern comeback with satiny pasta and plump shrimp. Yum!
- Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Add pasta and cook according to package directions, 8 to 10 minutes. Meanwhile, rinse frozen shrimp under cold running water until ice crystals melt. Pat dry with paper towels. Place tomatoes, butter, garlic, Dijon, wine and salt in a large frying pan over medium heat. Stir often, occasionally pushing tomatoes against side of pan to soften, until almost all liquid is evaporated, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Increase heat to medium-high. Add shrimp. Stir often, 2 minutes. Add escargot and continue stirring until shrimp are bright pink, about 2 minutes. Stir in drained cooked pasta and parsley. Good with a spinach salad.
Nutrition (per Serving)
- 26.5 g
- 11.7 g
- 52.9 g
- 3.7 g
- 4.3 mg
- 85 mg
- 1014 mg