boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-in. pieces
Grilled eggplant dip
chopped fresh mint
- SOAK 4 wooden skewers in water, 30 min.
- TOSS chicken with 2 tbsp each olive oil and lemon juice, herbes de Provence and 1/4 tsp salt in a medium bowl until coated. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate, 30 min.
- PREHEAT barbecue to medium. Prick eggplant all over with a fork. Cut off and discard top of garlic head, then wrap in foil. Oil grill, then barbecue eggplant and garlic, lid closed, turning often, until eggplant is very soft and charred, 25 to 30 min. Let cool, 10 min.
- SLICE warm eggplant lengthwise and scoop out flesh and seeds with a spoon into a food processor. Discard skin. Squeeze cloves from garlic head into food processor, along with 1/4 cup yogurt, 1 tbsp lemon juice and 1/4 tsp salt. Whirl until smooth. Transfer to a bowl. Sprinkle with mint.
- THREAD chicken pieces onto skewers. Oil grill. Barbecue chicken, lid open, until cooked through, about 4 min per side. Let rest, 5 min.
- CLEAN out food processor. Whirl feta with 3/4 cup yogurt, 1 tbsp lemon juice and cayenne pepper in food processor, scraping down sides if needed, until smooth. Transfer to a bowl. Drizzle with 1 tsp olive oil.
- ARRANGE dips with chicken, tomatoes, olives and grilled pita bread on a platter.
Protein 33 g
Carbohydrates 17 g
Fat 16 g
Fibre 3 g
Sodium 679 mg
Excellent source of Vitamin B6