semi-sweet chocolate chips
chopped dark chocolate
unsalted butter, cubed
- PREHEAT oven to 350F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment.
- BEAT eggs and sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment on medium-high until tripled in volume, 10 to 12 min. Beat in vanilla.
- MELT both chocolates and butter in a large heat-safe bowl set over a large pot with 1 in. of simmering water, stirring until smooth, 2 to 3 min. Remove from heat.
- WHISK flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt in a small bowl.
- GENTLY fold one-third of egg mixture into the chocolate until no streaks remain. Fold in remaining egg mixture. Sift flour mixture over chocolate and gently fold just until smooth.
- SCOOP batter using 1-tbsp measure. Place 20 portions 1 in. apart on a prepared sheet. Bake until cookies are puffy and cracked on top, 9 to 10 min. Let cool 2 min, then transfer to a rack to cool completely. Repeat with remaining batter.
- COATING: Melt chocolate in a small microwave-safe bowl, stirring halfway, 1 to 1 1/2 min. Dip half of each cookie into chocolate and place on same parchment-lined baking sheets. Decorate with dragées, then let stand until chocolate is set.
Kitchen Tip: You can use crushed candy canes instead of dragées on the chocolate brownie cookies. Crush candy canes in a resealable bag with a rolling pin, then sift to separate larger pieces from finer dust.
Protein 1 g
Carbohydrates 11 g
Fat 5 g
Fibre 1 g
Sodium 38 mg
Chatelaine Cookies: Gingerbread cookies