3 250-g blocks
cream cheese, at room temperature
1 1/4 cups
- PREHEAT oven to 325F. Insert the base of a 9-in. springform pan lip-side down. Lightly spray with oil, then line with parchment. Wrap outside of pan with a large square of heavy-duty foil, making sure all sides come up to the top edge. (This keeps water from leaking through during baking.) Double-wrap, if needed.
- STIR graham cracker crumbs with butter in a medium bowl until moist. Press over bottom of prepared pan. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- BOIL a kettle of water. Beat cream cheese with sour cream in a large bowl, using an electric mixer on medium, scraping down sides occasionally, until smooth. Beat in 1 1/4 cups sugar, flour and vanilla. Beat in eggs, 1 at a time, just until blended. Place prepared pan in the centre of a shallow-sided roasting pan. Pour cheese mixture over crust. Set roasting pan in centre of oven. Pour enough boiling water into roasting pan to come halfway up side of pan.
- BAKE until filling is almost set when springform pan is jiggled, about 1 hour and 5 min. Remove roasting pan to a rack. Run a knife around inside of cake pan to help prevent cracking. Let stand until water cools, about 30 min. Remove pan from water. Discard foil. Cool completely, about 1 hour. Cover pan with plastic wrap and refrigerate until chilled, about 3 hours.
- STIR cranberries with clementine juice, 1/3 cup sugar, water and 2 tsp zest in a small saucepan. Boil, then reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until berries are soft and sauce turns syrupy, 8 to 10 min. Cool and serve with cheesecake. Sprinkle remaining 1 tsp zest overtop.
- Tip: For an extraordinary cheesecake, line your pan with parchment paper and wrap the outside with foil to prevent leaks. Bake in a water bath. After baking, cool in pan to room temperature, then chill before serving.
Protein 12 g
Carbohydrates 66 g
Fat 47 g
Fibre 2 g
Sodium 527 mg
How to line a cake pan