“Win the Ultimate Walking Weekend”
Contest rules & regulations
1. (a) To enter automatically, starting on October 1, 2003 at 8:00 a.m, you must register as member of the Chatelaine On the Move Walking Club. Registration and entry form are available at www.chatelaine.com/walkingclub and must be received by November 15, 2003 at 5:00 p.m. (the Contest Closing Date).
2. No purchase, expenditure or investment is necessary to enter this contest.
3. Participants will be eligible to win one of two trips for two to The Aerie Resort of a value of $5,600.00 (per trip for two) and which consists of two night accommodation at The Aerie Resort in Victoria, BC, airfare from winners closest international airport to Vancouver, BC; return flights on Helijet Helicopter from Vancouver, BC to Victoria, BC; 1 dinner for 2 and breakfasts on two mornings of winners stay. Winner must pay for any additional costs associated with trip to or while staying at the Aerie Resort. Only those items specifically listed are included in the prize, any other expenses are the sole responsibility of the winner and guest.
4. All prizes must be accepted as awarded. Rogers reserves the right to substitute a prize of at least equal value in the event of the unavailability, for whatever reason, of the advertised prize.
5. In order to win, entrants must first correctly answer, unaided, a time limited, mathematical skill testing question, posed by telephone at a mutually convenient time. Rogers judges’ rulings are final and without appeal in all matters related to the promotion and the awarding of prizes.
6. Contestants will be required to return a signed release and acknowledgment form before being declared a winner.
7. By entering this contest, each contestant consents to the use of his/her entry, name, address and/or photograph in any publicity carried out by Rogers and/or its advertising agencies, without further compensation. Winners consent to their photograph being taken by Rogers for such use, without further compensation. All entries become the property of Rogers.
8. This contest is open to members of the Chatelaine On the Move Walking Club who are Canadian residents and have reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence by December 15, 2003, except employees of Rogers, its parent and affiliate companies; its representatives and agents, the contest suppliers and those with whom they are domiciled. The contest is subject to all applicable provincial and municipal laws and regulations. Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties to reach a settlement.
9. No correspondence will be entered into except with the selected entrants. To receive a copy of the contest rules or a list of the winners, send a postage paid, self-addressed envelope on or before December 15, 2003 to address. Attn.: “Win the Ultimate Walking Weekend Contest”
10. Chances of winning depend on the number of entries. Rogers is unaware of how many entrants there may be. The winner(s) may come from any geographic area, so long as they otherwise qualify to enter the contest.
11. All entries which are incomplete, illegible, damaged, irregular, have been submitted through illicit means, or do not conform to or satisfy any condition of the rules may be disqualified by Rogers. Rogers takes no responsibility for lost, misdirected, late or destroyed entries, or for typographical or other production errors.
12. To enter without registering for the Chatelaine On the Move Walking an entry form can be requested by sending a card with name, address, and phone number along with a self-addressed, postage paid envelope to: Win the Ultimate Walking Weekend Contest, c/o 1 Mt. Pleasant Road, Toronto, ON M4Y 2Y5. Please allow a minimum of 3 weeks for ballot to be sent by return mail. Completed ballots must be received by the Contest Closing Date.
13. All entries become property of the Sponsors who assume no responsibility for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged or misdirected entries or for failure of the website during the promotional period, for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrants or any other persons computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any material in the promotion. Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel or suspend the email portion of this contest should a virus, bug or other cause beyond the reasonable control of Rogers corrupt the security or proper administration of the contest. Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or to undermine the legitimate operation of this promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, Rogers reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
15. This contest will be run in accordance with these rules, subject to amendment by Rogers. Contestants must comply with these rules, and will be deemed to have received and understood the rules if they participate in the contest.