Between blowouts, flat irons and colouring, damage may seem inevitable. Here are five simple ways to show your hair some love.
1. Avoid chemicals: Give your hair a break from chemical treatments and stay away from its worst enemy: peroxide.
2. Nourish it: If your hair is really damaged, use conditioner, then shampoo, then conditioner.
3. Be gentle: Use a wide-tooth comb: Remember your hair is very fragile when wet.
4. Seal and protect: Always, always, always use a heat-styling product before picking up the blow-dryer.
5. Wear a hat: Sun is as bad for your hair as it is for your skin, so cover it up.