Now that the holiday party season is in full swing, cut down on dressing up with these simple office-to-party tips. Darren Mason, owner of Andrews in Bayview Village, shares six easy ways to turn your office attire into a party-perfect outfit.
Six ways to go from day to holiday soiree:
1. Start with a basic like a neutral colour dress or even black slim-fitting pants and a white blouse.
2. Make sure what you choose is comfortable and fits you well – if you’re not comfortable, you won’t feel confident.
3. When heading out for the night, add some fun accessories – like a bright-coloured clutch or a sexy heel – to transition to an evening look.
4. Add some special pieces of jewelry to add sparkle and interest to an outfit and make it party-ready.
5. To really stand out, add some eye-catching sequin details – on a sweater, handbag or even shoes – to help you get into the party mood.
6. Use fur to your advantage. Wear a fur shrug or vest to add some sophistication to your work look while also keeping you warm at night.