The always-gorgeous Gucci Westman – Global Artistic Director for Revlon and world-renowned makeup artist – shares some of her top backstage beauty advice.
1. Moisturize “Always treat your skin before applying makeup, especially before foundation.” Often a primer will work with your moisturizer to even out skin tone and pigmentation, and this will allow you to cut down on time and maybe even cut out the foundation step. Moisturizing and priming your skin will also help to keep your skin looking hydrated, and your makeup looking fresh longer.
2. Prime it “Use a primer or highlighter in the cupids bow of your upper lip.” This trick brings subtle light to your lips, making them look shapely and full.
3. Brows “Add dimension to your look with a stronger brow. “ A fuller, filled-in brow brings strength to your face while simultaneously framing your eyes. This allows you to wear less makeup overall, but still look polished and sleek.
4. Add light “Try a light shadow along your upper and lower lash line to make your eyes appear bigger and brighter.” From as close as possible to the tear duct, softly line your lid and lower lashes with the lightest shadow from the palette you’re using. This backstage trick will makes your eyes pop.
5. New rule “The new rule for beauty is that there are no rules.” Don’t be afraid to put your products to new use – lipsticks as blush, glosses as eye shadows with a dewy sheen. You no longer have to choose between a heavy eye or a bold lip – you can have it all!