1. A neutral toned blazer is a must-have for the office. Look for a two-button jacket that hits you just at your hip. This way it can go with everything from casual jeans to a pencil skirt.
2. We love the look of slim trousers — they’re classic and show no signs of going out of style. Think about the colour grey because it looks great with black, camel and navy.
3. When it comes to knits, you can’t go wrong with a long sleeved crewneck. It’s a great layering piece that will be a favourite season after season.
4. When you are beginning to build a professional wardrobe, stick to classic tones. Buy the best quality pieces you can afford that you can mix and match effortlessly.
5. Look for a medium-sized bag with handy compartments. A good rule of thumb is that if you can fit a magazine inside, it’ll be perfect for girls on the go.
6. Look for a black leather pump with a three-inch heel, or the stylish option of the moment: a ballet flat. Either one of these shoes will finish off any outfit.
7. A white button-up shirt or blouse looks crisp, clean and professional. You can find great options at every price point.