Click the pink “up” arrow for product information.
5 tips for buying the perfect trench coat
- A trench coat should fit you comfortably both undone and fully buttoned-up (even if you never intend to wear it this way).
- Look for quality buttons and hardware: These small details will make even an inexpensive trench coat look expensive.
- Avoid overpowering belts, trendy detailing and dramatic collars that will make your coat look outdated next season.
- Consider scale. If you are petite, opt for an above-the knee trench coat. If you are pear-shaped, an A-line cut will flatter your silhouette. Tall? Look for sleeves that are long, not cropped.
- And remember: Don’t be afraid to spend a little more money for a good-quality coat. Trenches never go out of style.