1. Start by applying a sea salt spray to damp hair. Begin at the roots to encourage volume and spray it about half way down your hair.
2. Gently scrunch your tresses to work up a wave. But remember, the less you fuss, the less frizz there will be, so try to move your hands down the hair shaft instead of up as much as possible.
3. To tame frizz and fly-aways, use a small amount of styling cream (the amount depends on the thickness of your hair) to twirl the ends of your hair. This will also help create a piecey, natural look.
4. Create some extra beach waves. Use a curling iron to curl a few small sections of hair in different directions — this ensures the wave is not uniform — and then use a brush to comb out and deconstruct the curls.
5. Lastly, once your hair is nearly dry, spritz in a little hairspray to hold the whole look.
Our favourite sea salt sprays for beach waves
1 of 5
Get sexy, beachy waves in seconds with this light-hold spray. You will love the windswept texture and matte finish. Surf Spray, $27, Bumble and Bumble.