With the days getting shorter and holiday shopping looming, now is the perfect opportunity to take a little time out for ourselves. To help, Weleda has created three easy-to-follow rituals — centred around its uplifting products — designed to impart a feeling of calm from top to toe throughout the day.
Since 1921, the plant-rich skincare company has prioritized being in tune with nature. Now the company is encouraging you to give yourself a little all-over TLC, and while you hydrate and nourish your skin, you’ll also cultivate a feeling of inner calm and boost your well-being. Lead plants used in Weleda products aim to unlock the inner benefits of each unique plant so it can work in harmony with your body’s own restorative abilities. This connection between nature and people is the key to understanding the plant’s beauty, balance and restorative benefits. Precious plant-rich elements like relaxing lavender and hydrating rose are gently extracted and combined in unique formulas to help your skin look healthy and to lift your spirits.
By acknowledging the changing seasons and taking the time to care for your skin, you’re also taking a mindful moment to care for yourself. When you’re feeling in balance on the inside, it shows on the outside and prepares you to be more resilient when busy times — including the excitement of the holidays — approach.
Ritual 1: Nighttime Nurture
The perfect end to a long day, a steamy shower filled with the calming aroma of lavender:
- In the shower, squeeze a small amount of Lavender Creamy Body Wash into your hands. Create a lather, breathing in the relaxing scent as you go.
- Following your shower, while your skin is still damp, apply Relaxing Body & Beauty Oil to keep skin feeling soft and hydrated. Dispense three to five pumps into your hands and gently massage into the skin to leave your body moisturized and prepared for rest.
- Before bed, apply Relaxing Body & Beauty Oil to your temples while rubbing in small circles and exhaling to release any negativity from the day. Breathe deeply to immerse yourself in the lavender scent, enjoying a moment of peace before drifting off to sleep.
Time taken: 15 minutes
Ritual 2: Afternoon Foot Spa
A foot bath after a stressful day is the easiest way to calm your senses, soothe tired feet and restore calm.
- Run warm water into your foot bath or a plastic tub, placing marbles or stones at the bottom. Add a tablespoon of sea salt and a few drops of Pampering Body & Beauty Oil to soothe skin. Soak for 10 minutes.
- Relax and let feet soak while you take a few deep inhalations, breathing in the uplifting essential oils while rubbing your feet over the stones to massage them and stimulate blood flow.
- For the most luxurious at-home foot massage, follow with Ultra Rich Skin Food and pop on a pair of light cotton socks for extra moisture absorption overnight.
Time taken: 20 minutes
Ritual 3: Anytime, Anywhere Hand Massage
When you’re out on public transit or waiting in a lineup, take advantage and have a moment of mindfulness all to yourself.
- Squeeze a quarter-sized amount of Soothing Hand Cream into the palm of your hand.
- Mindfully massage into your hands and forearms, allowing the essential oils to sink into your skin and use your thumb to massage the back of your hand and centre of your palm.
- Close your eyes and bring your palms up to your face to inhale the soothing almond oil, which is excellent for treating dry, sensitive skin.
Time taken: 60 seconds
All Weleda products are cruelty-free, paraben-free, GMO-free, phthalates-free and synthetic-fragrance-free. All face, baby, body, hair and oral-care products are certified natural by NATRUE, Europe’s leading natural certifier. To purchase products and for more information visit Well.ca.
Discover #WeledaRituals to live your inner nature every day.