Warm chai toddy
1. Boil 2 cups water with 1 cinnamon stick. Remove from heat and add 2 chai tea bags and 1 orange pekoe tea bag. Let steep 5 min.
2. Remove cinnamon stick and tea bags. Add juice of 2 oranges and 1 tbsp honey.
3. Divide tea mixture among 4 mugs and top each with 1 tbsp of dark rum.
4. Garnish with cinnamon sticks and twists of orange rind.
Crispy Madras chickpeas
1. Position oven racks in centre and lower third of oven. Preheat to 400F.
2. Drain and rinse 2 540-mL cans of chickpeas. Pat dry with paper towel.
3. Toss with 1/4 cup olive oil, then divide between 2 large rimmed baking sheets. Spread out in one layer, keeping them all separate. Roast, gently shaking and rotating sheets halfway through, until golden and crisp, 40 to 45 min.
4.Combine 1/4 tsp each of salt, ground coriander, cumin, ginger and pepper in a medium bowl. Stir in up to 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper. Stir warm chickpeas into spice mixture and toss to coat.