A cocktail shrimp platter is one of the easiest appetizers to assemble. Dress yours up with these three dips that take less than 10 minutes to prepare. Party prep has never been so simple!
Prep 10 min
Total 10 min
Garlic-lemon cocktail shrimp dip
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tbsp white-wine vinegar
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp dried tarragon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Combine lemon juice, garlic, vinegar, sugar, tarragon, salt and Dijon in a small bowl
- Gradually whisk in oil. Dip will thicken slightly
Cajun artichoke cocktail shrimp dip
- 227-gram container store-bought artichoke dip
- 2 tbsp Cajun seasoning
- Combine artichoke dip and Cajun seasoning
Chipotle shrimp cocktail sauce
- 1/2 cup cocktail sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp chipotle Tabasco
- Stir cocktail sauce with Tabasco
How to prepare your cocktail shrimp platter
Arrange a thawed 400-gram package of frozen, cooked, tail-on shrimp on a platter with lemon wedges. Spoon your three dips into small bowls and serve alongside the seafood.
Nutritional info: 35 calories, 2 g protein, 2 g carbs, 2 g fat, 71 mg sodium, per shrimp with 1 tsp garlic-lemon dip.
Make-ahead tip: Refrigerate all 3 sauces up to 1 week.
How to make shrimp, mango and avocado cold rolls
Originally published on Nov. 11, 2011.