Broccoli slaw with peanut dressing
1. Whisk 1/4 cup natural peanut butter with 2 tbsp each lime juice and hot water, 1 tbsp each grated fresh ginger and soy sauce, 1 minced garlic clove, 2 tsp lime zest and 1/2 tsp granulated sugar in a large bowl until combined.
2. Add a 340-g pkg broccoli-slaw mix and stir until well coated. Stir in 1/4 cup chopped toasted peanuts and 2 thinly sliced green onions.
Per serving: 109 calories, 6 g protein, 11 g carbs, 6 g fat, 3 g fibre, 181 mg sodium. Excellent source of vitamin C.
Grilled cauliflower skewers
1. Soak 4 8-in. skewers in water for 20 min. Preheat barbecue to medium. Cut 1 cauliflower into large florets. Thread about 3 florets onto each skewer. Whisk 2 tbsp lemon juice with 1 tbsp chopped fresh oregano, 1/4 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp hot-red-pepper flakes. Slowly whisk in 3 tbsp olive oil until mixed.
2. Brush cauliflower with half of vinaigrette. Oil grill and barbecue cauliflower skewers, lid closed, until tender-crisp and grill marks form, about 6 min per side. Transfer to a platter and brush with remaining vinaigrette.
Per serving: 125 calories, 3 g protein, 7 g carbs, 11 g fat, 4 g fibre, 166 mg sodium. Excellent source of folate.
Lemon & dill potato salad
1. Boil 1 kg small red-skinned potatoes in a medium saucepan over high. Reduce heat to medium and gently
boil, partially covered, until forktender, about 14 min. Drain and plunge in cold water until cool. Pat dry and cut into bite-sized pieces.
2. Whisk 1 tbsp each lemon juice and lemon zest with 1 tbsp Dijon mustard, 1/2 cup each light mayo and plain yogourt and 1/4 tsp salt in a large bowl. Season with fresh pepper. Stir in 2 thinly sliced celery stalks, 1/2 cup chopped fresh dill, 4 thinly sliced green onions and potatoes until mixed. Keeps well up to 2 days.
Per serving: 156 calories, 4 g protein, 23 g carbs, 6 g fat, 3 g fibre, 224 mg sodium. Good source of vitamin C.