Makes 10 hors d’oeuvres
Cooking 5 minutes
10 large raw shrimp, peeled
1. Combine shrimp, olive oil and horseradish and marinate for about 20 minutes.
2. In the meantime, cut cheese into 10 wedges, about 1 inch (2.5 cm) wide.
3. Cut bread into 10 round slices. Toast under preheated broiler 1 to 2 minutes or until crispy.
4. In a frying pan over very high heat, cook shrimp. Do not add any to the pan. Remove when shrimp are golden on both sides (about 3 to 5 minutes). Do not overcook.
5. To assemble, top toast with 2 leaves of spinach, then cheese a shrimp. Sprinkle with a little salt and serve immediately.
Replace the Triple-Cream with the Double-Cream Brie.
Canadian Brie has a white, velvety rind and creamy, pale yellow interior. The flavour matches its luscious appearance. Look for caressing undertones of butter, mushroom and hazelnut, underscored by a subtle tanginess. Enjoy in recipes and at room temperature, with good crusty bread and ripe fruit.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING (2 HORS-D’OEUVRES):
Energy: 135 Cal/567 kJ Protein: 6.9 g Fat: 10.6 g Carbohydrate: 4.5 g Sodium: 299 mg Fibre: 0.7 g Calcium: 99 mg
Try a California Chardonnay. It combines apple, pear, banana and pineapple flavours with a touch of vanilla. The aftertaste is long, buttery and full of fruit.