Makes 18 servings
Refrigerate 1 hour
2 cups (500 mL) shredded Canadian Gouda
1. In a food processor bowl fitted with metal blade, combine Gouda, chopped parsley, milk and salt. Process until smooth. Line a (1.5-litre) glass dish or aluminum loaf pan with foil. Spread mixture in dish or pan.
2. Cream together Cream Cheese with roasted garlic, chopped green onions and black pepper. Spread mixture over Gouda layer.
3. In clean bowl of food processor, combine Cheddar and Cream Cheese and process until smooth. Stir in chopped peppers.
4. Spread mixture over Cream Cheese layer.
5. Cover and chill for 1 hour or up to 4 days.
6. Serve with crackers.
Cream Cheese is a fresh, unripened cheese made from a blend of milk and cream. Itâs a wonderful spread and goes with just about anything, from mild foods to those with a more assertive taste. For something different, try flavoured varieties, like smoked salmon, dried tomato, garlic, herb, strawberry and other flavours of Cream Cheese.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING (1/3 CUP/75 mL):
Energy: 170 Cal/710 kJ Protein: 8.0 g Fat: 14.4 g Carbohydrate: 0.7 g Sodium: 243 mg Fibre: 0 g Calcium: 197 mg
A Burgundy Aligoté, round and crisp wine with a slightly fruity taste of apple, makes good match. This easy-to-enjoy French wine is pale yellow.