Makes 8 to 12 servings
Refrigerate 1 hour
1. In a food processor, beat eggs and sugar. Add flour and process until smooth. Add Ricotta and Nestlé Carnation Evaporated Milk. Mix well.
2. Pour mixture into a large saucepan over medium heat. When mixture is hot to the touch, whisk in 1/2 cup (125 mL) of melted dark chocolate until smooth.
3. Continue cooking, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens (about 5 to 10 minutes). Pour into small (1/4 cup/50 mL) ramekins, espresso cups or 2 oz (60 mL) shooter glasses.
4. Pour remaining chocolate over each serving to form a thin layer. Use the back of a spoon to spread evenly.
5. Refrigerate to harden the chocolate layer. To serve, dust with powdered sugar and add berries on the side,if desired.
This recipe can be prepared up to 2 weeks ahead. Keep frozen and let stand at room temperature 1 hour before serving.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING (1/4 CUP/50 mL):
Energy: 239 Cal/1003 kJ Protein: 12.6 g Fat: 9.8 g Carbohydrate: 28 g Sodium: 150 mg Fibre: 0.9 g Calcium: 191 mg
Try it with a Passito, a strong (17% alcohol) and very aromatic wine made with the Muscat grape. Dark purple red, this natural sweet wine offers a tast of raisins and honey with notes of chocolate and vanilla.