The Chatelaine cosmo
1. Fill a cocktail shaker with ice.
2. Add 2 tbsp Cointreau,1 tbsp orange juice, 1 tbsp lime juice and 1 tbsp cranberry juice.
3. Shake vigorously, then strain into a glass. Garnish with fresh pineapple wedges and leaves.
Serves 1. (Recipe adapted from Market by Jean-Georges, Vancouver.)
Sweet and spicy nuts
1. Preheat oven to 300F.
2. Whisk 1 egg white in a large bowl until foamy. Whisk in 3 tbsp sugar, 2 tsp kosher salt, 1/2 tsp curry powder, 1/2 tsp cayenne and 1/8 tsp cinnamon.
3. Add 3 cups pecan or walnut halves and stir to coat very well.
4. Spread out in a single layer on a large parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake 15 min. Reduce oven to 250F. Bake another 15 min.
5. Cool completely on a rack, then break nuts apart. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
Makes about 3 cups.