It’s been one crazy hot week in Toronto, which is actually nice timing for July being National Ice Cream month. Over here in the Chatelaine Kitchen, we’ve been serving up ice cream and sorbets to keep our team chilled in this heatwave. In an effort to spread the chill, here are seven icy treats we highly recommend.
1. Turn your favourite campfire dessert into a delectable frozen s’mores cake.
2. Hit the beach with these guilt-free and waist-friendly fresh granita flavours.
3. Ice cream sandwiches are easy to make (and eat!) with a chewy brownie cookie and – surprisingly – boxed ice cream! Try it with our brownie ice cream sandwich recipe.
5. Serve up these cherry cheesecake pops at your next pot luck.
6. Smother a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream with this adult-friendly wine-soaked strawberry sauce.