Chatelaine Cooking Club Contest
ROGERS PUBLISHING LIMITED
The Chatelaine Cooking Club Contest (the “Contest”) is presented and administrated by Rogers Publishing Limited, publisher of Chatelaine magazine (herein referred as “Rogers” or “Contest Sponsor”). No purchase necessary.
1. ELIGIBILITY – The Contest is open to residents of Canada who are over the age of majority in their province or territory of residence[excluding residents of Quebec, , (individually “entrant” and altogether “entrants”).
Employees of Contest Sponsor, its parent and affiliated companies, representatives, dealers and agents, contest suppliers and judges, and those with whom they are domiciled are not eligible to enter. Entrants under the age of majority must, prior to participating in the Contest, obtain the consent of their parent(s) or legal guardian, who will be considered the Contest entrant.
2. CONTEST PERIOD – The Contest Period starts at 6am on June 13, 2016 and continues until 12 pm on July 7, 2016, the Contest Closing Date. All times are Eastern Daylight Saving Times.
3. How To Enter
During the Contest Period Chatelaine will send out the call for entrants to recreate our ‘Recipe of the Week,’ a winning dish we’ve selected from the current issue of Chatelaine.
Then what? All you do is chop, stir, cook or bake it up, snap a photo of your culinary prowess (“Photo”). Once you have your photo, you can post it one of three ways (make sure you’re not on a private setting):
Follow us on Instagram, then post your photo using @ChatelaineKitchen
Follow us on Twitter, then tweet us your photo with the hashtag #ChatelaineKitchen
Like us on Facebook, then message us your photo
Entrants who submit a Photo, warrant and represent that the Photo:
- is original to and that the entrant has all necessary rights (including, without limitation, consent of the photographer) in and to the Photo to enter the Contest;
- does not violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation;
- does not contain any reference to or likeness of any identifiable third parties;
- will not give rise to any claims of infringement, invasion of privacy or publicity, or infringe on any rights and/or interests of any third party, or give rise to any claims for payment whatsoever; and is not defamatory, trade libelous, pornographic or obscene, and further that it will not contain, depict, include, discuss or involve, without limitation, any of the following:
ii. Explicit, graphic or excessive sexual activity;
iii. Crude, vulgar or offensive language and/or symbols;
iv. Derogatory characterizations of any ethnic, racial, sexual or religious groups;
v. Content that endorses, condones and/or discusses any illegal, inappropriate or high risk activity, behaviour or conduct;
vi. Personal information of individuals, including, without limitation, names and addresses (physical or electronic);
vii. Conduct or other activities in violation of these Contest Rules;
viii. Commercial messages, comparisons or solicitations for products or services;
ix. Any identifiable third party products and/or trade-marks, brands or logos. For example, any clothing worn by you in your Photo must not contain any visible logos, trade-marks or other third party materials; and
Any other content that is or could be considered inappropriate, unsuitable or offensive, all as determined by the Contest Sponsors in its/their sole discretion.
By entering the Contest entrants confirm that she owns all intellectual property rights in the entry Photo, including copyright in the Photo, including publication and duplication rights, confirms that he/she grants the Contest Sponsor a worldwide, perpetual, royalty-free licence to reproduce and to distribute the Photo in any form or format, and confirms that he/she waives all moral rights in respect of the Photo. The entrant releases the Contest Sponsor from any claims arising from the distribution of the Photo on the Website and/or in any other form of medium now or hereafter created. All Photos and entries submitted become the property of the Contest Sponsor, who reserve the right to refuse any Photo submission or entry.
Limit of one (1) entry per person . Any attempt or suspected attempt to enter more than once per person, any use of robotic, automatic, programmed or any entry methods not authorized by these rules, shall be deemed as tampering and will void all of your entries. All entries that are incomplete, illegible, damaged, contain erroneous contact or entry information or do not conform to or satisfy any condition of the rules may be disqualified by the Contest Sponsor.
4. PRIZE(S) – Kitchen Aid 3.5 Cup food chopper (retail value $89.99) and a Kitchen Aid Ceramic 3 piece nesting mixing bowl (retail value $89.99).
The approximate retail value indicated above for each prize is the approximate retail value of the prize at the launch of the Contest. No financial compensation will be made or required if actual costs are lower than the indicated retail value.
5. Determining the Winner – All valid entries received will be judged by a panel of Rogers representatives based creativity and originality of the photo at approximately 12 pm on July 7, 2016 at the Rogers office at One Mount Pleasant Road, Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
6. If the selected entrant cannot be reached within five (5) business days following the first attempt of contact, incorrectly answers the skill-testing question, declines the prize, or fails to return a Release of Liability as specified below, Contest Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to select another entrant or to cancel the prize.
7. Prize(s) must be accepted as awarded and is/are not transferable, redeemable, refundable or exchangeable for cash and not replaceable if lost/stolen. Contest Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize, in whole or in part, with a prize of at least equal value in the event of the unavailability, for whatever reason, of the advertised prize
8. To be declared a winner, selected entrants must first correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question posed by phone at a mutually convenient time; and may need to return a signed Declaration of Compliance with the Contest Rules and a full Liability and Publicity Release. In the event the selected entrant is a minor, the entrant’s parent or legal guardian will be deemed to be the entrant who must meet all contest eligibility requirements and who may accept the prize on behalf of the minor.
9. Rulings by Contest Sponsor are final and without appeal in all matters related to the promotion, the administration of the Contest and the awarding of the prizes.
10. By entering this Contest and/or accepting a prize, entrants consent to the use of their entry, name, city of residence and/or voice, statements, any photographs or other likenesses for publicity, advertising or informational purposes carried out by the Contest Sponsor and/or its advertising agencies in any medium or format without further notice or compensation.
11. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations.
12. No communications will be entered into except with selected entrants.
13. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries. Contest Sponsor takes no responsibility for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged, misdirected, late or destroyed entries, or for typographical or other production errors. Contest Sponsor is not responsible for any errors or omissions in printing or advertising this Contest. All entries become the property of the Contest Sponsor.
15. By entering this Contest, entrants release and hold harmless the Contest Sponsor, its advertising and promotional agencies and the contest judge(s), their affiliates and respective directors, officers, owners, partners, employees, agents, dealers, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively the “Releasees”) from any liability in connection with this Contest or, if declared a winner, the prize.
16. This Contest will be run in accordance with these rules, subject to amendment by Contest Sponsor. Entrants must comply with these rules, and will be deemed to have received and understood the rules by participating in the Contest. The terms of this Contest, as set out in these rules, are not subject to amendment or counter-offer, except as set out herein.
17. Contest Sponsor assumes no responsibility for failure of the internet or the website during the promotional period, for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any material in the promotion. Contest Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or suspend this Contest should a virus, bug or other cause beyond their reasonable control corrupt the security or proper administration of the Contest. Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or to undermine the legitimate operation of this promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, Contest Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
18. If the identity of an entrant is disputed, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant. The individual assigned to the e-mail address for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address is considered the authorized account holder. A selected entrant may be required to provide proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the selected entry. All entries must be submitted from a valid e-mail account that may be identified by reverse domain name search. The sole determinant of time for the purposes of receipt of a valid entry in this Contest will be the contest server machine(s).
This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. You understand that you are providing your information to the Contest Sponsor and not to Facebook. Facebook is completely released of all liability by each entrant or participant in this Contest. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Contest must be directed to the Contest Sponsor and not Facebook.
©2013 Rogers Communications