Updated Sep 1, 2015Chatelaine
1 1/2 tsp
1 1/4 cups
unsalted butter, at room temperature
2 1/2 cups
2 1/4 cups
- Preheat oven to 325F. Spray a 9×13-in. glass baking dish with cooking spray. Line bottom with parchment paper. Spray again. Stir flour with baking powder and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Beat butter with an electric mixer on medium speed in a large bowl until butter is creamy. Add sugar. Cream together until fluffy.
- Mix in eggs and vanilla. Beat well to incorporate. On low speed, add a third of the flour mixture followed by half of the milk. Repeat additions, ending with flour.
- Scrape into prepared pan. Smooth top gently. Bake in centre of oven until it is deep golden and a cake tester inserted into centre of cake comes out clean, 65 to 75 min. If cake becomes deep golden before it is done baking, cover very loosely with foil. Cool on a rack 10 min, then remove from pan and cool completely, about 2 hours.
- Whisk milk into icing sugar until smooth. Whisk in extract. Spread over cooled cake. Slice cake, then serve topped with berries and peaches.
NutritionCalories 636, Protein 8 g, Carbohydrates 104 g, Fat 22 g, Fibre 3 g, Sodium 477 mg.
Easiest way to skin peaches