In the mood for some Japanese-inspired fare? Our version of teriyaki sauce is so easy to make – all you need is maple syrup, rice-wine vinegar and chili-garlic sauce.
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup rice-wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 350-g pkg extra-firm tofu , cut into strips
- 1/2 500-g pkg spaghetti pasta
- 2 cups small broccoli florets
- 1 red bell pepper , sliced
- 1 tsp chili-garlic sauce , optional
- Stir maple syrup with rice-wine vinegar and soy in a small saucepan and set over medium-high. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium. Gently boil until sauce turns syrupy, about 10 min. Remove from heat, add tofu and set aside.
- Boil a large pot of water. Add pasta and cook according to package directions, about 8 min. Add broccoli and pepper during the last minute of cooking. Drain and return pasta and veggies to pot set over medium.
- Stir in tofu and sauce until evenly mixed. Cook until warmed through, 2 min. Stir in chili-garlic sauce. Taste and add more chili sauce if needed. Serve immediately.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 16 g,
- 70 g,
- 5 g,
- 4 g,
- 861 mg.