Make-ahead tip: Prepare meatballs. Don’t bake. Freeze on waxed paper on baking sheets until firm, then freeze in plastic bags up to 1 month. Bake from frozen, following directions, but add an extra 5 to 7 minutes.
Thai turkey meatballs
Unlike most meatballs, these are so moist they don't need a dipping sauce. A fab make ahead - just heat 'n' serve at party time. No fuss - we love it!
- finely grated lemon or lime peel
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp hot chili-garlic sauce
- 2 green onions , chopped
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 500 g ground turkey , or chicken
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh coriander
- Arrange oven racks in top and bottom thirds of oven. Preheat to 350F (180C). Spray 2 foil-lined baking sheets with oil. Place lemon peel in a bowl. Whisk in egg, chili-garlic sauce, onions, garlic and fish sauce. Crumble in meat. Sprinkle with cornstarch and coriander. Mix together. It’s wet. Form into 1-inch (2.5-cm) balls. Bake on sheets in top and bottom thirds of oven until firm to touch, 15 to 20 minutes. No need to turn meatballs. Place in a serving dish. Serve with toothpicks.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 7 g,
- 3 g,
- 4 g,
- 131 mg.