This is no ordinary peach salad– we’ve taken the flavours of Thailand and married them with the best of Canadian seasonal produce.
Thai peach salad
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp minced or grated fresh ginger
- 1 large garlic clove , minced
- 4 tsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp hot chili-garlic sauce
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 4 to 6 peaches , or nectarines
- 2 bell peppers , preferably red
- 8 cups mixed greens , preferably mesclun mix
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves , optional
- In a medium-size bowl, stir sugar with ginger, garlic, lime juice, fish sauce, chili-garlic sauce and salt. Whisk in vegetable and sesame oils. Use right away or leave at room temperature up to half a day or refrigerate up to 3 days.
- Just before serving, peel peaches. Halve, remove pits and thinly slice. Place in a bowl. Quarter peppers and remove seeds. Then thinly slice and add to peaches. Whisk dressing, pour over peach mixture and gently stir until coated. Toss in a large salad bowl with greens and coriander, if using. Taste and add more salt, if needed.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 1.6 g,
- 10.8 g,
- 5.3 g,
- 2.1 g,
- 154 mg.