Break out the finger bowls. These sticky ribs are so scrumptious and easy to make you’ll yearn for them all winter long.
This article has not been rated yet.
- 3 to 4 racks pork back spareribs , about 4 lbs (2 kg)
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/2 cup oyster sauce
- 3 tbsp sambal oelek , or hot chili-garlic sauce
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil , or peanut oil
- To tenderize ribs, bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add ribs, slicing racks in half or folding to fit into pot. Partially cover and boil gently until ribs are fork-tender, about 45 minutes.
- Remove ribs from pot. If not barbecuing right away, cover and refrigerate ribs up to 3 days. Before barbecuing, remove fell, the tough membrane that covers bony underside of ribs. (Few butchers remove it.) Place ribs meaty-side down on a flat surface. Using point of a knife or your fingers, loosen this thin grey skin along end of last rib. Grasp membrane with a paper towel and peel away in 1 piece. Discard.
- Prepare sauce by stirring together hoisin, oyster and sambal oelek sauces with oil. Then generously coat ribs with sauce on each side. Barbecue ribs right away or cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day so meat takes on more flavour.
- When ready to barbecue, oil grill and preheat barbecue to medium heat. Grill ribs, basting often with sauce and turning, until well glazed and hot, about 15 minutes.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 46.8 g,
- 18.2 g,
- 63.1 g,
- 1.1 g,
- 2638 mg.