Up the ante on the everyday grilled-supper routine with feta-filled chicken breasts. Buy the creamy Greek-style feta, if you can find it.
Stuffed Greek chicken
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted red pepper
- 2 green onions , thinly sliced
- 4 large skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- toothpicks , optional
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 lemon
- Oil grill and heat barbecue to medium. Mash cheese with roasted pepper in a bowl. Stir in onions. Working with 1 breast at a time, form a pocket in thickest side by making a horizontal cut about 2?1/2 in. (6 cm) long and 1?1/2 in. (3.5 cm) deep.
- Gently open and stuff in cheese mixture, pushing as close to centre of breast as possible. Wet inside edges of opening and press down to seal. If you have toothpicks, insert through edge opening to hold together.
- Lightly oil outside of chicken and generously sprinkle with seasonings. Place chicken on grill. Barbecue, with lid closed, until chicken is cooked through and feels springy, 8 to 10 min per side. Squeeze lemon juice overtop before serving.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 41 g,
- 3 g,
- 7 g,
- 0.5 g,
- 615 mg.