St. John's cod cakes
This article has not been rated yet.
- 500 to 750 g cod , haddock or halibut fillets
- 1 small onion , finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove , minced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley , or snipped chives
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 lemon , cut into wedges
- Using paper towels, pat fish dry. Cut into large cubes. Place in a food processor and whirl until coarsely ground.
- Stir in onion, garlic, salt and parsley. Shape into 8 cakes, each about 3 inches (7.5 cm) wide. Coat in flour. Heat oil in a large frying pan set over medium heat.
- Sauté cakes in batches, if needed, until golden, about 3 minutes per side. Serve hot with a lemon wedge.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 24.2 g,
- 14.8 g,
- 7.8 g,
- 0.9 g,
- 213 mg.