This article has not been rated yet.
- 1 cup bulgur
- 2 large ripe tomatoes , chopped
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro , or parsley
- 2 tbsp chopped pickled hot peppers
- 1/4 cup pine nuts , preferably toasted (optional)
- 1 lemon
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- 1 tsp toasted cumin seeds , or 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp salt
- fresh-ground black pepper
- For salad, in a large saucepan, bring 2 cups water to a boil over high heat. Stir in bulgur. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered , until most of the water is absorbed, 15-20 minutes. Remove from heat. Let stand, covered, 5 minutes. Then drain off any excess water and set aside, uncovered, to cool. Meanwhile, chop tomatoes and finely chop cilantro and hot peppers. Place in a large bowl along with pine nuts. Fluff bulgur with a fork, then site into tomato mixture.
- For dressing, squeeze 2 tbsp juice from lemon into a small bowl. Whisk in oil, garlic, cumin, salt and pepper. Stir into salad. Taste and add a bit more salt or lemon juice if needed. Excellent served with Fiery Asian burgers.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 6 g,
- 32 g,
- 19 g,
- 5 g,
- 195 mg.