Smoked trout-and-orange salad
This article has not been rated yet.
- 4 oranges
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 1/2 tsp honey
- generous pinch kosher salt
- generous pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 small red onion , thinly sliced
- 2 smoked trout fillets , about 500 g
- 6 cups mesclun greens or large leaves of radicchio
- Peel oranges. Then, to catch juice, cut out segments over a large bowl. Leaving segments in bowl, measure out 2 tbsp (30 mL) juice and place in another bowl for vinaigrette. Whisk in lime juice, honey and a generous pinch of salt and pepper. Gradually whisk in oil, then stir in coriander. Add onion to bowl with orange segments, making sure onion pieces are separated. Remove skin from trout. Using your hands, break trout into large flakes and add to bowl. Pour in vinaigrette. Using a large spoon or your hands, stir to evenly mix. Taste, then add more salt, pepper and coriander, if needed. Cover and refrigerate about 1 hour or up to 4 hours to let flavours blend. Serve over a mound of mesclun greens or in a radicchio cup. Sprinkle with more chopped coriander and freshly ground pepper, if you like.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 22.5 g,
- 15.2 g,
- 17.6 g,
- 2.1 g,
- 1516 mg.