An Asian-inspired noodle salad is a trendy alternative to a regular pasta salad. Change it up from the ordinary and use soba noodles ? a lower-calorie Japanese-style noodle made from buckwheat flour.
Fast and filling, noodles are the ultimate comfort food. Consider these varieties to satisfy your cravings.
* Cellophane (a.k.a. glass noodles) are made from mung bean starch and become transparent during cooking.
* Ramen, usually sold in “instant” noodle packages or foam soup cups, are dried, curly and deep-fried egg noodles.
* Rice vermicelli are white and as thin as angel hair pasta. They’re dry and sold as small nests or large tied bundles in packages.
* Somen are bundled spaghettini look-alikes made from wheat flour. Don’t add salt to your cooking water, as these are already salty.
* Udon are thick, starchy and salty wheat flour noodles. Sold fresh in the refrigerated section of most supermarkets.